December 5, 2018
Chiddingfold Bonfire Saturday November 3rd
Bonfire 2009 Bonfire 2010 Bonfire 2011 Bonfire 2012
Bonfire 2016 Bonfire 2017 You Tube video of Bonfire Night 2015
Link to Official bonfire web site
Road Closures, Diversions, Park & Ride and Events programme
Parking at Witley Station
- 2:00pm Final requests for disabled parking. New requests cannot be taken.
- 3:00pm South side of Village Green (by the Spar and the Chemist) road closes. The bus slip road closes.
- 5:00pm Stalls open for business.
- 5:00pm Park & Ride shuttle buses start operating. Please note that once the car parks are full we have no further availability.
- 5:30pm A283 Petworth Road from the junction with Woodside Road to the Crown closes, traffic diverted along Coxcombe Lane
- 5:30pm North side of the Village Green from Petworth Road to Pockford Road closes, traffic diverted via Pockford Road / Skinner’s Lane
- 6:30pm Torches go on sale at St Mary’s School.
- 7:00pm Procession of 400 torches departs St Mary’s School.
- 7:30pm (approx) Bonfire set alight.
- 8:00pm (approx) Fireworks
- 8:30pm (approx) Grand Draw
- 9.30pm (approx) Last shuttle bus back to car parks
- 10:00pm (approx) Roads re-open.
It is NOT possible to let cars through into the closed area after the road blocks are in place and cars should not park in these areas.
The only exceptions are for disabled access provided Simon Manuel or Ian Travis have been informed beforehand.
On the Night
Press relase on Bonfire
The day for this year’s Bonfire started bright and sunny and luckily the good weather continued on into the evening
It was another incredible sell-out year for the torches, which started the procession from St. Mary’s School and made its way to the bonfire which got burning quickly, if maybe a little bit too hot! Following this was the stunning fireworks display by our fireworks partner F1 Pyro who did an incredible job once again.
We were once again very pleased to welcome back the pupils and families from Stepping Stones School in Hindhead, who continue with their yearly support and contribution.
With everyone’s generosity we are able to give a £45 voucher to all the village residents over the age of 70. All the vouchers are redeemed in the village and make a big difference to those who receive them.
We are very grateful to our sponsors
With the money raised we were also able to distribute to the following village organisations:
A special thank you to all those who donated prizes for the Grand Draw. Also, many thanks to Stagecoach for running the busses to and from Witley Station and to Shorts Group for the generators.
- Stepping Stones - £1500
- Cricket Club - £600
- Village Nursery - £500
- Various Charities - £250
- Youth Group - £100
- Bell Ringers - £50
- Summer Festival - £300
- Car Go - £200
- Choir for Fun - £64
- Rotary Club - £91
Finally, a massive thank you to everyone who contributed their time and to all the people who work tirelessly behind the scenes to make Chiddingfold Bonfire a success! Thank you!
We appreciate having so many people attending and enjoying the event and look forward to seeing you all again next year. If you are coming next year we hope that you have another great evening, and if you feel able to put £5 a head into one of our collection buckets it will help us to donate even more back into the village.
If you have any ideas, suggestions or if you would like to join us and get involved then please contact us via the website at www.chiddingfoldbonfire.org.uk
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and great 2019.
Press release from Chiddingfold Bonfire Association received Mon 12/11/2018, 20:20